Today's schools are becoming increasingly diverse and SLPs find English language learners, varying SES backgrounds, homeless students, etc. now populate their caseloads. This course will discuss development of diverse student populations, impact on classroom performance, RtI strategies, evaluation, qualification, treatment, and suggestions for supporting and communicating with parents and staff.
* This course will not be automatically reported to the ASHA Registry.
* This course is an acceptable professional development activity for
Certificate Maintenance Hours
ASHA Certificate Maintenance information:
After completing this course:
1. Return and take the Quiz attached to this course - 80% accuracy required.
Author of the Sublime Speech blog - receive royalties based on sales of materials, receive items/services for review. Danielle is also the Director of eLearning at YappGuru University.
No non-financial disclosures.
After completing this course, the student will be able to...
- As a result of this activity, participants will be able to describe the types of diversity found in school populations and its impact on speech/language development.
- As a result of this activity, the participant will be able to state a variety of assessment techniques and treatment options for diverse student populations within the school setting.
5 minutes—Introductions and Disclosures
5 minutes—Overview and Background
20 minutes—Assessment and Collaboration
15 minutes—Treatment and Materials
10 minutes—Research and Articles
5 minutes—Conclusion and Wrap-Up