Numerous websites offer Teletherapy opportunities, but what do you need to know before becoming a Speech/Language Teletherapist? Various facets of teletherapy: equipment, licensure, HIPPA-compliance, and materials are explained in detail. After completing this course, attendees will have the necessary information to genuinely consider becoming a Teletherapist.
* This course will not be automatically reported to the ASHA Registry.
* This course is an acceptable professional development activity for
Certificate Maintenance Hours.
ASHA Certificate Maintenance information:
After completing this course:
1. Return and take the Quiz attached to this course - 80% accuracy required.
2. Complete this course evaluation: https://goo.gl/forms/7pFObXmJ9w71xxjm1
Presenter will receive a monetary compensation from YGU for this course.
Sell digital materials on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Provide Teletherapy consultation services.
Published content in The ASHA Leader about Teletherapy.
Published content on the ASHA Blog,
ASHA Sphere, about Teletherapy. Provide (voluntary) University-level Teletherapy Trainings
After completing this course, the student will be able to...
- List the equipment needed to effectively provide teletherapy services from home.
- Summarize the precautions necessary to meet HIPAA standards while providing teletherapy services.
- Formulate questions to ask a Teletherapy company when applying for an employment opportunity.
- 5 minutes: Introduction
- 5 minutes: Pre-Course Questions
- 10 minutes: Introduction to Telepractice/Teletherapy
- Evidence Based Practice
- Teletherapy Venues
- 15 minutes: Types of Teletherapy, Equipment, & Internet
- 5 minutes: Licensure, HIPPA, & FERPA
- 15 minutes: Teletherapy Considerations'
- How to search and apply for jobs
- Advantages for teletherapists & schools
- Possible disadvantages
- 3 minutes Suggestions during teletherapy
- 5 minutes: Questions to ask
- 20 minutes: Teletherapy materials
- Material organization
- 5 minutes: References, resources, and recommendations
- Course Assessment